Here are the original 151 Pokemon, ranked based on type (not including Fairy) and cuteness. Use that link to follow along.
Grass and Grass/Poison
1. BulbasaurThis is a fact. Bulbasaur is the cutest grass Pokemon.
2. TangelaAw, you cute blue spaghetti with eyes, you...
3. OddishIf I had a garden, I would want it to be filled with these.
4. IvysaurIt's bulbasaur with a flower.
5. VileplumeThat flower is a little freaky but I can dig it.
6. VenasaurBULBASAUR, WHAT HAPPENED?
8. ExeggcutorExeggDEFINITELYNOTcutor. If the Happy Mask Salesman were a Pokemon, he would be this. Nightmare fuel right there.
12. GloomOddish after two years of a drug addiction. Please wipe your mouth - you're drooling halfway down your entire body.
Poison, Poison/Flying, and Ghost/Poison
1. Nidoran (M&F)These are by far the cutest poison types, and they aren't even that cute.
2. NidorinaNidorina is just slightly different from Nidoran.
3. GengarGengar is supposed to be scary but it has the same face as the Cat Bus from Totoro.
4. GhastlyGhastly looks more goofy than anything.
5. KoffingMinus the stink puffs, Koffing is kind of cute.
6. ZubatI hate Zubat, but it's cuter than every Pokemon after it.
7. HaunterThe detached hands remind me of Super Smash Bros. and it overall just looks incomplete.
8. Ekans and ArbokEw, snakes.
9. Nidorino and GolbatI can't tell which one is uglier so they tie.
10. NidoqueenThe color scheme always bothered me and it has lost all of the cuteness it started with.
11. WheezingWheezing looks like he is making himself sick.
12. NidokingSame with the color scheme here and there is just too much going on in general.
14. MukNo x infinity.
1. ButterfreeButterfree does not have much competition in this type.
2. CaterpieCaterpillars are cute too.
3. VenonatThe eyes are a bit creepy but it gets points for being round and fluffy.
4. WeedleIf it wasn't brown, it would have ranked higher.
5. VenomothNo one likes moths but Venomoth is ok, I guess.
6. MetapodThey lack personality. Also, why do cocoons have eyes but not starfish in this universe?
7. KakunaSlightly creepier than Metapod.
8. CytherScary blade hands.
9. BeedrillScarier drill hands. Also, bees.
10. ParasectIt's kind of like a mushroom hermit crab but gross looking.
11. ParasThis is the kind of thing that would be all over your house but you would be afraid to kill.
12. PinsirTHOSE TEETH. THOSE HORNS. WHAT LAYER OF HELL DID YOU COME FROM?
Fire and Fire/Flying*
1. Charmander and VulpixThere is no way to distinguish these.
2. Flareon, Growlithe, and PonytaSlightly less cute than the first two, but not by much.
3. NinetailsIf you know what hair products Ninetails uses, let me know, because it looks SO SOFT.
4. RapidashFIRE UNICORN!
5. ArcanineThere is too much going on here. Someone needs to take Arcanine to get a haircut.
6. Charizard and MoltresI love both of these Pokemon but they don't rank highly on the cuteness scale, sorry.
7. CharmeleonCharmander in its awkward years.
8. MagmarWhat is this? He's like a weird lizard with a duck beak and flaming butt cheeks for eyebrows - I'm just saying.
*The fire Pokemon are KILLING IT. This was the hardest type to rank.
Water and Water/Ice**
1. Squirtle and VaporeonSquirtle is the obvious choice and Vaporeon is my strategically favorite Pokemon from the original 150, so they tie.
2. LaprasIt's the Loch Ness Monster's adorable cousin.
3. Wartortle, Psyduck, and DewgongYes, I think Dewgong is cuter than Seel.
4. Poliwag, Seel, Shellder, and HorseaIt looks like Poliwag tried the Kylie Jenner Lip Challenge but those eyes and that little tail make up for it.
5. Slowpoke and SlowbroThe expression on their faces is a bit creepy but they look pink and harmless.
6. Poliwhirl and SeadraMeh.
7. Staryu and StarmieWhere are their faces? There is virtually no difference between them - one is just purple and has more arms.
8. Poliwrath and BlastoiseTough, but not cute.
9. Goldeen, Seaking, and MagikarpJust fish. I was tempted to put Magikarp at the bottom because of how useless it is, but that's a different list.
10. Krabby and KinglerJust crabs.
11. GyradosAgain, great Pokemon but not cute.
12. GolduckThis is why people are scared of birds.
14. TentacoolWhat are those red growths?
14. Tentacruel and CloysterDo I need to elaborate? These two are just straight-up ugly.
**JK this was the hardest type to rank because there are SO MANY WATER POKEMON.
Electric and Electric/Flying
1. PikachuDuh. Pikachu is probably one of the cutest Pokemon ever.
2. RaichuIt's a fancier, orange Pikachu.
3. JolteonI feel like Jolteon's fur would feel spiky but it's pretty cute regardless.
4. Magnemite and MagnetonIt's a floating ball of metal but at least it has an eye.
5. ElectabuzzThis Pokemon has always weirded me out but I couldn't tell you why.
6. Voltorb and ElectrodePokeball and reverse pokeball with eyes. Boring.
7. ZapdosAwesome, but not cute.
1. Farfetch'dI don't know why it has a leek, but I like it.
2. DoduoIt's endearing in a weird way.
3. PidgeyJust a regular ol' bird.
4. SpearowSlightly more dangerous looking bird.
5. Pidgeotto and PidgeotDangerous looking birds.
6. Dodrio and FearowFinal boss birds.
1. SnorlaxThis is the Totoro of Pokemon and my all-time favorite. It is the cutest of them all.
2. EeveeEevee is a close second.
3. DittoDitto is a blob, but a cute blob.
4. Clefairy, Clefable, Chansey, Jigglypuff, and Wigglytuff
5. MeowthOne word: Cat.
6. PorygonDoes anyone actually use this Pokemon? It doesn't look like its alive, but the colors are nice I suppose.
7. PersianMeowth all-grown-up looks more dangerous than cute.
8. KangaskhanIt gains points for having a baby in it's pouch, but Kangaskan itself if more intimidating than anything.
10. LickitungI see why some people might think Lickitung is cute, but I am not one of those people.
11. TaurosBulls are scary and these bulls are especially scary.
12. RaticateRaticate legitimately looks rabid and I would't want it anywhere near me.
Ground, Ground/Rock, and Rock/Water/Flying
1. Diglett and DugtrioDiglett and Dugtrio are also some of my favorite Pokemon and I just love them.
2. CuboneBut what does Cubone look like without the skull?
3. SandshrewIt's a hedgehog. That's explanation enough.
4. OmanyteReminds me of Gary from Spongebob.
5. SandslashHedgehog 2.0
6. MarowakCubone, but a little fiercer.
7. GeodudeGeodude is kind of weird, not going to lie.
8. KabutoKabuto is creepy but in a good way I suppose.
9. Ryhorn and OnixRocks.
11. AerodactylThe color is not pleasant at all. It's like zombie purple - whatever that means.
12. GolemNightmare material x 10.
13. KabutopsNightmare material x 100.
14. Omastar, and GravelerNightmare material x 1000.
1. MachopThe only one you can really call cute.
2. MankeyKind of cute.
3. PrimeapeBarely cute.
4. Machoke and HitmonchanNot cute.
5. HitmonleeChicken leg with feet.
6. MachokeUses the most powerful steroids in the universe.
Psychic, Ice, and Dragon
I'm totally kidding.
1. MewMew is adorable and you all know it.
2. DratiniDratini could probably tie for first place too.
3. AbraAbra is a million times cuter than it's evolutions.
4. DragonairFancier Dratini.
5. DragoniteDid anyone see this evolution coming? Why does Dragonite look so different from it's previous states?
6. Mr. MimeMr. Mime is a little freaky, so he ranks squarely in the middle.
7. ArticunoNot really cute, but less intimidating than the other legendary birds based on looks.
8. MewtwoThis is where things start getting weird.
9. Kadabra and AlakazamThese look like a cross between an ant and fox.
10. HipnoIs this a crazy person trying to sell you something on the street? No, it's just Hypno.
11. DrowzeeWhat is that nose?
12. JynxWHAT IS THIS?
Major props to you if you read this whole list. Which Pokemon do you think are the cutest?